Sterling Foundation Management is the nation’s leading provider of secondary planning services for charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs). We pioneered the market for the sale of CRT income interests and developed the CRT rollover technique to meet the changing needs of CRT beneficiaries.
The industry’s most respected journals have published articles about CRT secondary planning – many of them written by Sterling executives.
- Trusts & Estates – “Selling CRT Lead Interests” by Roger Silk and James Lintott, Sterling Foundation Management
- Trusts & Estates – “Alternatives to CRT Terminations” by Roger Silk, Sterling Foundation Management
- Financial Planning Association (Journal of Financial Planning) – “Tax Deferral: When Does it Make Sense and When Does it Cost Cents (or Dollars)?” by Roger Silk, Sterling Foundation Management
- Estate Planning – “New Opportunities for Old CRTs” by Evan Unzelman and Sam Navarro, Sterling Foundation Management
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils (Journal of Estate and Tax Planning) – “Secondary Planning for CRTs”
- Estate Planning and Probate Section of the Atlanta Bar Association (The Mortmain) – “Secondary Planning Options for CRT Clients” by Evan Unzelman, Sterling Foundation Management
- Society of Financial Service Professions (Journal of Financial Service Professionals) – “Completing Charitable Remainer Trust Reviews: An advisor’s Guide” by Roger Silk, Sterling Foundation Management
- Taxation of Exempts – “Giving Retirement Assets to a Charitable Remainder Trust” by Christopher Moran, Venable’s Tax and Wealth Planning Group
- Atlantic Trust Company (The Advisor) – “Charitable Remainder Trusts: A New Look at and Old Planning Strategy”
- Worth Magazine – “Does a CRT Rollover Make Sense for Your Client?” by James Lintott, Sterling Foundation Management
- Worth Magazine – “Is Your Client’s CRT Still a Good Fit? By James Lintott, Sterling Foundation Management
- Sterling Research Series – “New Frontiers in Charitable Remainder Trusts”
To learn more, contact Sterling's CRT team at 703-677-8747 or [email protected].