Director of Sales and Marketing
The right person for this job must be optimistic in nature, high-energy, self-sufficient, and passionate about winning new business. He/She will be disciplined in their daily activities to foster lead generation, uncover the needs of potential clients, and develop winning proposals with custom solutions. Additionally, the position requires the routine maintenance and updating of regular reporting measures, pipeline reports, and a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database. This is a hands-on position that requires engaging prospective clients by phone, virtual meetings, office visits, conferences, seminars, or email.
Driving results through pipeline management skills will be critical. Developing qualified leads, employing effective capture management strategies, and authoring strong marketing content are all keys to success. Strong interpersonal skills, personal gravitas, and analytical thinking are essential requirements of the position. The successful candidate will be a natural problem solver, is data-driven, possesses high standards, is naturally curious in their drive to improve, and will ultimately make those around him/her better. An interest in wealth management/financial services, tax strategies, or philanthropy would be a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directly interact with potential clients to educate them about Sterling’s services and value, learn their needs, align their needs with Sterling’s services, and close on new business
- Develop, implement, and execute a plan that generates leads and wins new business
- Effectively manage the company’s pipeline of leads/prospective clients to win new business
- Develop and maintain databases and tools that provide accurate monitoring and results of efforts
- Draft and deliver timely, impactful client proposals with tailored solutions that successfully win new business
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, drafting and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with Client Services division
- Plan, organize, and lead business development functions, events, and opportunities including representing Sterling at industry conferences and planning and organizing receptions, seminars, webinars, and other company-sponsored events
- Identify, develop, and secure strategic partnerships with leading industry organizations (centers of influence) that lead to new referral business/clients
- Research trends and information related to charitable planning, philanthropy, and managing nonprofit organizations
- Knowledge of effective capture management strategies a plus
- Plan, coordinate, and manage all marketing activities and communications
- Design and author multiple forms of marketing materials including newsletters, brochures, service descriptions, and tradeshow display and promotional products
- Plan, coordinate, author, and oversee direct marketing activities including mailing list creation/maintenance, bulk mail operations, and e-mail campaigns
- Manage the business’s website content so that it remains relevant and attracts new clients
- Manage and improve the company’s digital presence on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Identify innovative ways to grow the business by researching industry and related publications, events, and announcements and producing materials for use in content marketing
- Remain appropriately networked and knowledgeable of industry trends, news, and events to create/author thought leadership products to enhance Sterling’s brand and credibility
- A college degree in a sales, marketing, business, or other related field
- At least five years professional experience in relevant sales, business development, marketing, etc. positions of increasing responsibility
- Proven success leading the growth of business revenue/income
- Five or more years of professional experience solution-selling or consultative sales a plus
- Expert at listening to clients and determining their needs or “pain points”
- Able to provide customized solutions to solve client problem(s)
- A strategic-thinker with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Strong analytical skills – must be data-driven with a high degree of attention to detail
- Exceptional listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- A professional demeanor to engage with sophisticated clients and partners
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with clients from all walks of life, from all parts of the country
- Must be willing and able to travel often
- (Required) Strong proficiency in electronic communication and Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Background or understanding of prevailing trends and issues related to charitable planning, tax exempt organizations, tax exempt law, and philanthropy a plus
- CRM/Database management experience a plus
- Proficiency in publication programs (e.g., Adobe InDesign, Publisher, etc.) a plus
Please email a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary (base range between approximately $125,000 to $140,000), uncapped bonus potential, and health and retirement benefits.
Sterling Foundation Management is an equal opportunity employer.