Client Services Associate Opportunity
Sterling Foundation Management is hiring a reliable, driven, high-performing Client Services Associate to join its team at its corporate headquarters in Reston, Virginia. The position will directly support the Foundation Management and Consulting line of business. Specific industry experience or knowledge is not required; however, basic project coordination experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs is a must.
The Client Services Associate must have a client-service orientation and is passionate about meeting the needs of our clients in a proactive manner. The right person for this job must be optimistic in nature, high-energy, self-sufficient, and driven to provide stellar, personalized service to each and every client they engage. This position is responsible for supporting the accounting, billing/invoicing, and administrative compliance needs of Sterling’s private foundation and public charity clients. The competitive candidate will possess the outstanding interpersonal skills, attention to detail, judgement, integrity, and self-motivation required to ensure that Sterling meets and exceeds the high expectations we have for client support. Being highly organized and process oriented will be key to success in this position. This is a hands-on position that requires engaging and supporting clients through one-on-one office visits, by phone, and email.
The successful candidate will be a natural problem solver, possesses high standards, and is naturally curious in their drive to get better, and will ultimately make those around him/her better. Strong work ethic and critical thinking are key requirements for the position. An interest in wealth management, tax strategies, and philanthropy is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting clients achieve the goals of their charitable organizations
- Conducting administrative tasks that ensure clients’ charitable organizations remain compliant with all federal and state laws, regulations, and policies
- Providing high-quality, reliable client services and maintaining world-class client relations
- Maintaining client and company confidentiality
- Supporting the business’s invoicing/billing process including calculating, collecting, and receiving quarterly payments
- Overseeing preparation and filing of organizational annual reports and board meeting minutes to state authorities
- Conducting due diligence for grant requests, paying grants, and updating company’s grant database
- Detailed data entry and database management ensuring all information is accurately recorded in company databases
- Record keeping/document management and organization
- Assisting clients manage their charitable organizations’ programs and projects that result in high quality, cost effective outcomes
- Limited travel may be required to client sites
- Oversee other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous experience in accounting, paralegal, business, or related area a plus
- Presence and poise to communicate with attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, and clients
- Expert at listening to clients and determining their needs or “pain points”
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and lead projects to successful conclusion
- Proven ability to gain confidence of supervisors to work autonomously and ethically and in best interest of clients and company
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills. Must be data-driven with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in sometimes ambiguous, small office environment; highly self-motivated
- A selfless team player with the confidence to lead with quiet humility
- A professional demeanor to engage with sophisticated clients and partners
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with clients from all walks of life, from all parts of the country
Please email a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefits.
Sterling Foundation Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Our continued growth in the industry has recently led to our move into new, larger offices right next to the vibrant Reston Town Center. We recruit high performers to join our team so that we can maintain our motivating office culture where teamwork and an entrepreneurial drive enables our growth trajectory. Our employees enjoy significant workplace benefits including contributions to your retirement plan whether you participate or not, routinely catered lunches, highly flexible vacation schedules, charitable activities as an office, and various holiday events with fun and generous prizes. If you like to work hard and reap the benefits of your efforts, then Sterling Foundation Management may be the place for you.
Sterling Foundation Management is a multi-faceted wealth management and charitable planning firm serving the sophisticated needs of ultra-high net worth clients. Beyond its multi-family office affiliation, Sterling is the oldest national Foundation management firm in the country and is the nation's leading facilitator of sales of income interests in Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs). Sterling works with a broad range of clients and high net worth individuals in developing solutions to help them achieve their philanthropic, family, and financial goals through the effective use of private foundations and other charitable planning vehicles and financial services.
Keep up with the latest news, trends and best practices for private foundations, charitable planning or secondary planning options with charitable remainder trusts by following us on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/company/sterling-foundation-management-llc or Twitter https://twitter.com/SterlingFndMgt @SterlingFndMgt or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sterlingfoundations/