Sales and Marketing Leader
Sterling Foundation Management is hiring a Sales and Marketing Leader to join its team at its corporate headquarters in Reston, Virginia. The position will directly support the Foundation Management and Consulting line of business in expanding its market position by developing, coordinating for, and implementing a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for sales/business development (prospecting and lead generation), increasing total revenue, and raising brand-awareness. The competitive candidate will have the demonstrated ability to engage prospective leads through a consultative approach and successfully close on won business. Additionally, you will develop and execute an overarching marketing strategy that will raise Sterling’s profile nationally through all channels of advertising including social media. We are seeking someone who will be our brand evangelist and is an expert in marketing (in all channels) and personally selling Sterling's offerings in Private Foundation Services. Previous experience in this industry is not required.
The right person for this job must be optimistic in nature, high-energy, self-sufficient, and passionate in providing stellar, personalized service to each and every customer they engage. He/She will be disciplined in their daily activities to foster lead generation, uncover the needs of their customer, and help develop a winning proposal through a custom solution. Additionally, the position requires the routine maintenance and updating of regular reporting measures, pipeline reports, and a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database. This is a hands-on position that requires engaging prospective clients by phone, through one-on-one site visits, conferences, seminars, and email.
Driving results through pipeline management skills will be critical. Developing qualified leads, employing effective capture management strategies, and authoring strong marketing content are all keys to success. Strong interpersonal skills, personal gravitas, and analytical thinking are critical requirements of the position. The successful candidate will be a natural problem solver, is data-driven, possesses high standards, is naturally curious in their drive to get better, and will ultimately make those around him/her better. An interest in wealth management, tax strategies, and philanthropy is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Directly interacting with potential clients to inform them about Sterling’s services and value, learn their needs, align their needs with our services, and close on new business
• Develop, implement, and execute a plan that generates leads and wins business
• Effective management of the company’s pipeline of leads/prospective clients to win new business
• Develop and maintain databases/tools that provide accurate monitoring and results of efforts
• Drafting and delivering timely, impactful client proposals that successfully win new business
• Closing new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with current business operations
• Planning, organizing, and leading business development functions, events, and opportunities including representing Sterling at industry conferences and planning and organizing receptions, seminars, webinars, and other company-sponsored events
• Identifying, developing, and securing strategic partnerships with leading industry organizations (centers of influence) that lead to new referral business/clients
• Researching trends and information related to charitable planning, philanthropy, and managing nonprofit organizations
• Knowledge of effective capture management strategies a plus
• Plan, coordinate, and manage all marketing activities and communications
• Design and author multiple forms of marketing materials including newsletters, brochures, service descriptions, and tradeshow display and promotional products
• Plan, coordinate, author, and oversee direct marketing activities including mailing list creation/maintenance, bulk mail operations, and e-mail campaigns
• Manage the company’s website content so that it remains relevant and attracts new clients
• Manage and improve the company’s digital presence on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
• Identify innovative ways to grow the business through researching industry and related publications, events, and announcements and producing materials for use in marketing
• Remain appropriately networked and knowledgeable of industry trends, news, and events to create/author thought leadership products to enhance Sterling’s brand and credibility
• Lead, motivate, and develop team members
• Manage projects/programs that result in high quality, cost effective outcomes
• Update expertise by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
• Plan, budget, monitor, and report business activities and progress to company leadership
• Ensure all information is accurately recorded in company databases and evaluated accordingly
• Identify business levers of influence and act to improve results
• Oversee other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
• A college degree in a business, marketing, or other related field
• At least five years professional experience in relevant sales, business development, marketing, etc. positions of increasing responsibility
• Proven success leading the growth of business revenue/income
• 5+ years solution-selling or consultative sales is a plus
• Expert at listening to clients and determining their needs or “pain points”
• Able to provide customized solutions to solve the client problem(s)
• A strategic-thinker with an entrepreneurial mind-set
• Strong analytical skills – must be data-driven with a high degree of attention to detail
• Exceptional listening, verbal, and written communication skills
• A professional demeanor to engage with sophisticated clients and partners
• Interpersonal skills to communicate with clients from all walks of life, from all parts of the country
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) (Required)
• Background or understanding of prevailing trends and issues related to charitable planning, tax exempt organizations, tax exempt law, and philanthropy is a plus
• CRM/Database management experience a plus
Please email a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a fit for this position to email@example.com (no phone calls please).
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefits.
Sterling Foundation Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Sterling is hiring a Project Coordinator to join its team at its corporate headquarters in Reston, Virginia. The position will directly support the Family Office line of business working to meet the unique responsibilities, needs, and goals of our ultra-affluent clients. The competitive candidate will be optimistic in nature, high-energy, self-sufficient, naturally curious, and passionate in providing high quality work with every project they undertake.
The position will be responsible for various projects associated with our multifamily office business consisting of a wide assortment of back office support such as:
• Working with outside accountants for client tax purposes
• Monitoring and ensuring proper reporting from numerous private portfolio companies
• Tracking accounts payable and receivable
• Scheduling and following up on certain key tasks/events
• Establishing and monitoring investment entities (LLCs, Corporations, etc.)
• Establishing and monitoring various checking/brokerage accounts, etc.
Additionally, the position may work with clients' existing investment, legal, and accounting advisors. This may involve required support in providing financial modeling, drafting investment presentations, conducting due diligence and placing investment dollars in a number of projects on behalf of our clients. Superior interpersonal skills, personal gravitas, and analytical thinking will be key to the position. The successful candidate will be a natural problem solver, who possesses high standards, is naturally curious in their drive to get better, and will ultimately make those around him/her better. An interest in wealth management, tax strategies, and philanthropy is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
• Supporting the development/implementation of wealth preservation strategies for clients
• Supervising the accounting practices (and subsequent tax return generation) of entities
• Conducting due diligence on investment opportunities
• Assist with Income Tax Planning
• Assist with Estate Planning
• Financial Reporting
• Supporting the diligence on private business transactions, sales, and acquisitions
• Researching Health, Education, and Family Needs issues
• Researching issues around Private Foundations, Philanthropy, and overall charitable planning
• Promote professionalism and maintain excellent client relations at all times.
• Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and be accountable for all follow-up.
• Participate in cross functional team environments and handling a variety of concurrent projects
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field required (Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, etc)
• 2 years experience in related work
• Strong analytical skills; must be data-driven with a high degree of attention to detail
• Motivated, driven, and possess exceptionally high standards
• Natural Problem Solver who is focused on the needs of the client
• Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) is required
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Possess a professional demeanor to engage with sophisticated clients and partners
• Interpersonal skills to communicate and coordinate with office colleagues
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, sometime ambiguous, small office environment
Please email a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please)
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary with benefits.
Sterling Foundation Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Our continued growth in the industry has recently led to our move into new, larger offices right next to the vibrant Reston Town Center. We recruit high performers to join our team so that we can maintain our motivating office culture where teamwork and an entrepreneurial drive enables our growth trajectory. Our employees enjoy significant workplace benefits including contributions to your retirement plan whether you participate or not, routinely catered lunches, highly flexible vacation schedules, charitable activities as an office, and various holiday events with fun and generous prizes. If you like to work hard and reap the benefits of your efforts, then Sterling Foundation Management may be the place for you.
Sterling Foundation Management is a multi-faceted wealth management and charitable planning firm serving the sophisticated needs of ultra-high net worth clients. Beyond its multi-family office affiliation, Sterling is the oldest national Foundation management firm in the country and is the nation's leading facilitator of sales of income interests in Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs). Sterling works with a broad range of clients and high net worth individuals in developing solutions to help them achieve their philanthropic, family, and financial goals through the effective use of private foundations and other charitable planning vehicles and financial services.
Keep up with the latest news, trends and best practices for private foundations, charitable planning or secondary planning options with charitable remainder trusts by following us on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/company/sterling-foundation-management-llc or Twitter https://twitter.com/SterlingFndMgt @SterlingFndMgt or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sterlingfoundations/